Accessing Your Money
You can schedule an electronic transfer 24/7 online or call us Monday through Friday, 7am to 11pm CT.
To get started, you’ll need to register your external bank account with us. You can register up to four external accounts for electronic transfers. Please be ready to provide your external bank account and routing numbers when you register, and only register accounts owned by you. We’ll ask you to verify two trial deposits we make into your external account.
You can transfer money from an external account to your GS Bank Account, as long as your external account is a checking or savings account in the United States, and you are the primary Account Owner.
Before we are able to transfer funds from your external account, we’ll need to make some trial deposits to that account to verify you are the Account Owner.
Here’s how it works:
- We’ll make two small trial deposits into your external bank account (such as $0.01 and $0.06).
- Check your external account to verify the deposits are there. You’ll see them as credits.
- Sign In to GS Bank Online Banking.
- Return to the External Accounts page within 14 days and enter the trial deposit amounts to enable secure transfers between your GS Bank Account and your external bank account.
You can check balances and schedule an electronic transfer anytime with our 24/7 automated banking system.
You can also call us and we’ll be happy to assist you in this quick and easy process. Please be ready to provide your external bank account and routing numbers.
Toll Free for US calls only
Monday through Friday, 7am-11pm CT
For calls from outside the US
Wire transfers let you send money from your GS Bank Account to accounts at other financial institutions in the U.S.
Here’s what you need to know about wire transfers
To send a wire transfer, please call us toll free at 1-855-730-SAVE (7283) Monday through Friday, 7am to 11pm CT.
You will need to have your account and destination bank information available.
Wires requested after 3pm CT will be considered received on the next business day. In most circumstances, we will only allow a transfer of funds from your Account at GS Bank to an account you own at another financial institution. It may take one (1) to three (3) business days to process your request. Wire transfers are subject to our wire transfer security procedures.
Deposit by Check
You can also deposit checks into your GS Bank Savings Account by mail. Please make the check payable to your name (make sure the name is the same as on the Account) or GS Bank. Please endorse the back of any check with the words “For Deposit Only” and include your Account number.
Please mail checks to
Goldman Sachs Bank USA
PO Box 4571
Carol Stream, IL 60197-4571
You can find your GS Bank Savings Account number on your welcome letter and on your Account statement. To access your statement electronically, Sign In to Online Banking and select the Statement/Activity tab.
Please note: deposits made by check are accepted according to our discretion. We reserve the right to refuse, return, or limit any deposit you make to your Account. We don’t accept certain types of checks for deposit: multiple-endorsed checks, counter checks, starter checks, travelers’ checks and money orders.
We may also return a check to you if it does not meet certain check requirements.
Your deposit may be returned if:
- The check is not endorsed, or is endorsed improperly.
- You or GS Bank are not the payee on the check.
- You don’t provide us with instructions and/or the Account number you want to credit the check to.
- We don’t accept the type of item you’ve submitted for deposit. You may not deposit the following:
Third-party checks (checks made payable to someone other than you)
Double-endorsed checks (checks with more than one endorsement)
Checks older than six months
Checks with restrictive legends
Other types of items that we have determined not to accept.
Reach your savings goals sooner by setting up recurring deposits. We’ll automatically transfer funds from your linked accounts and deposit it into your GS Bank Online Savings Account. Just select the frequency and timing for your deposits, and you’re on your way.
You can direct deposit payments, for example all or part of your payroll or Social Security directly into your GS Bank Online Savings Account.
- Payroll – Simply provide your employer with the GS Bank routing number (1240-8526-0) and your Savings Account number to enable them to deposit funds directly into your Account.
- Social Security – You can go to the Social Security website to schedule your direct deposit.